Restigouche CBDC Inc. owns and operates the www.essentialdigitalskills.ca website. This website is set up to perform work under a contract with Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC) for the purpose of offering the Workplace Digital Skills online bilingual training program, which consists of four basic/essential digital skills workshops.
To register for the Workplace Digital Skills online training program, applicants are required to share certain personal information.
To perform work under the contract, Restigouche CBDC Inc. must collect the following information on behalf of ESDC, to the exclusion of all other information:
- First name
- Last name
- Email address
- Postal code
- Training language
- IP address
- Training language selected
- Participants demographic information in relation to the learning experience
- Number of workshops completed
- Information about the call-in learner support service
The information collected to perform work under the contract with ESDC is considered to be personal information under the federal Privacy Act. Restigouche CBDC Inc. is certified Protected A level of security under the Government of Canadas Contract Security Program for producing, processing or storing information on its information system. Therefore, Restigouche CBDC Inc. will:
- Not collect, use or disclose the above-mentioned personal information except for the purposes of performing work under the contract with ESDC.
- Store the personal information collected on secure Canadian servers so that it is only accessible in Canada.
- Segregate all records containing information referred to herein (whether electronic format or hard copy) from other records and keep all databases in which such records are maintained physically independent from all other databases located outside Canada, either directly or indirectly.
- Ensure that all information processing aspects referred to herein are carried out and only accessible in Canada.
- Take all necessary steps to ensure that all persons hired, or whose services are retained to fulfill the obligations under this contract, know and comply with all contractual terms and conditions governing the protection of the information referred to herein.
- Ensure that no information referred to herein is disclosed to any third party, unless otherwise required by law or authorized in writing by the individuals to whom the information relates or unless there is a written agreement between Restigouche CBDC and the third party imposing upon the latter the same information protection obligations as those imposed upon Restigouche CBDC under this contract.
- Not make any copies of the information referred to herein except with the written consent of ESDC or unless otherwise required by law or authorized in writing by the individuals to whom said information relates.
- Destroy, upon expiry or termination of the contract, whichever comes first, the information referred to herein and any copies thereof.
The information referred to herein is protected by the Privacy Act and all other applicable federal laws governing the protection of personal information held by federal institutions. This information will be treated as such by Restigouche CBDC, in accordance with the ESDC Security Policy and Procedures Manual, the Government of Canadas Security Policy and other instructions that ESDC may issue.
Personal Information Collected During Registration
To register for the Workplace Digital Skills online training program, users must provide compulsory personal information, including their first name, last name, electronic address (email), postal code and the training language selected.
Users have the right to refuse to provide any or all of the requested information. If users refuse to provide the required registration information, they will not be able to register or participate in the training program. Users will have access to the personal information submitted during the registration process and will be able to make corrections and changes to it.
The mandatory personal information provided in this registration form is used to identify applicants for three purposes:
- To provide the organizations login information (username/password) after the registration form has been submitted so users can access the Workplace Digital Skills online training.
- To reset the organizations password in the event that it is lost or forgotten.
- To provide personalized help when users call the 1-888 learner support service.
The mandatory personal information provided in the registration form will be collected strictly for the above-mentioned purposes. This information will be stored on secure Canadian servers.
Personal Information Collected by the Learner Support Service
When calling the 1-800 call-in learner support service, users may be asked to provide the following personal information: first name, last name, postal code, email address, telephone number.
The personal information provided to the Learner Support Service will be used to respond to the following needs:
- The user needs general information about the program.
- The user needs to reset his or her password.
- The user cannot continue within the training workshop for some reason.
Users have the right to refuse to provide any or all of the requested information by the Learner Support Service. If users refuse to provide the requested information, the quality of the support service provided may be affected.
The personal information provided to the Learner Support Service will be collected strictly for the above-mentioned purposes. This information will be stored on secure Canadian servers.
Personal Information Collected When Participating in the Training
When participating in the online training program, users will be asked to provide their opinions about their satisfaction with the training on the following topics:
- Learners opinion on how easy it was to navigate through the training (on a scale of 1-5).
- Learners opinion on whether h felt comfortable doing the training on their own (on a scale of 1-5).
- Learners opinion on whether the pilot program increased their digital skills. (on a scale of 1-5).
The user satisfaction data will be aggregated by Restigouche CBDC and provided to ESDC.
The personal information provided when participating in the training will be collected strictly for the above-mentioned purposes. This information will be stored on secure Canadian servers.
Cookies are digital markers created by the visitors browser to retain certain pieces of information for the web server to refer to during the same or subsequent website visits. The Workplace Digital Skills online training website will use two cookies as digital markers placed on users devices for a 24-hour period for the following purposes:
- To record during the registration process the learners preferred language for the online training so the program is presented in the preferred official language when the session begins.
- To record during the training session exactly what point learners were at in the program when they decided to take a break so when they resume the program, they find themselves exactly where they left off.
No other cookies will be used.
On the Internet, web servers automatically collect certain information about website visits, including the visitors Internet Protocol (IP) address. IP addresses are unique numbers assigned by Internet Service Providers (ISPs) to all devices used to access the Internet; they do not identify individuals using websites. Web servers automatically log the IP addresses of website visitors.
In the case of the Workplace Digital Skills online training website, users IP addresses are automatically collected and will be used exclusively for web analytics purposes. These include:
- Protecting the Workplace Digital Skills online training website from security attacks and ensuring the continuous availability of the online service.
- Conducting statistical analyses and reporting on overall user behaviour on the website (e.g. pages visited most often, duration of visits, day/time of visits, etc.).
The Workplace Digital Skills online training website will not link users IP addresses with the identity of individuals visiting our site unless an attempt to damage the website is identified.
The Workplace Digital Skills online training website uses Google Analytics. The information collected will be used for the following purposes:
- Carrying out statistical analyses of the website traffic (e.g. pages visited most often, duration of visits, day/time of visits, etc.) for audit, evaluation, research, planning and reporting purposes.